According to Internet Live Stats, there are over 1.8 billion sites on the world wide web as of January 2018. To put that into perspective, there are about 7.6 billion people living today (and counting). That’s tough competition right there. And you thought the Real Estate market was hot and hard to navigate into! For most of you reading this post, your biggest concern today will be landing the client, closing on this week’s hot listing, getting that huge inspection done on time, etc. Would you consider making a name for yourself in this pool of billions one of your top priorities? Why not? Should you?
I would say yes. It would be more than a good idea for you to make this a priority. Why? Let me ask you a few questions:
- What makes you unique amongst the other thousands of Realtors in your area?
- How do you stand out to a potential client when they see your name compared to the other 5 business cards they have been given to sell/buy/rehab a home?
- Do you offer services others in your area may not?
- Do you target your market, or do you just cast a dozen lines and hope for the best?
- What is your marketing strategy?
- Is web presence a priority in that strategy?
I could drone on. But you get the point. Rising above the typical means finding your niche in the web and growing in it, the same way you do in your professional life.
Consider these things when deciding how much weight should go into your web presence. And when you’re ready, contact me if you have any questions. We can get you set up to stand out on the web!